This is going to be a short and sweet post here. I have a video capture device that is pretty old now, it is an EasyCAP S Video/Component video capture device. It looks like the picture below:
I recently tried to install it on my Windows 11 Studio PC to capture some old video equipment. However, to cut a long story short, I couldn’t find the driver for it. So, I embarked on a quest to find the right driver while avoiding viruses and malware. After an extensive search, I finally located the exact driver I needed. To benefit the community, I’ve decided to upload and host it here for future reference.
- Download and extract the drivers from here. UTV007_Drivers.zip
- Plug in the device and open Device Manager.
- Locate “usbtv007” in the Device Manager.
- Right-click on “usbtv007” and select “Update driver.”
- Choose “Browse my computer for drivers” and navigate to the extracted files. Most likely, you will want to install the Windows 7 Drivers for 64-bit operating systems.
- You’re done! Enjoy using your capture device, now recognized as “OEM Device.”